Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Unconditional love :P

I have never been a great fan of comedy movies (Bollywood, in particular). However, after watching Om Shaanti Om and Welcome in theatre, I gave positive reviews to some friends who believed in my good taste for movies. I did'nt find it unusual since I found some SRK fans and some "we went to see deepika/Katrina types" people who agreed with me.
But I became aware of my newly found love for watching no-sense, substandard comedy movies on big screen with the release of TASHAN. I could'nt find a single person to agree with me. Even a size-zero Kareena failed to charm the guys. And all my efforts to argue on the entertainment value of the movie were met with "Nandu's motorboat :O" kind of reactions. But I enjoyed it. Perhaps, thats what an unconditional love is! (I went to the extent of imagining that the money-sucking multiplex-owners bribed the reviewers to poison the viewers' minds.)
I believe the cause of this unreasonable love lies in my state of mind at the time of watching the movie.(while writing this post, i realized that I thought of Tashan as a comedy movie). I don't think I could have possibly liked this movie on comp. It is similar to the situation when we find a moment particularly funny but fail to reproduce the effect when we narrate it to someone else since the place, time and moods are different.
I guess when mind is free of expectations and the intention is to have fun at any cost (of course here the cost is the people who are ever going to believe in my movie reviews), no entertainment is bad entertainment.

No comments: